This year is already starting off better than the last one: January 1st did NOT include a car fire!
And listen to this: I completed my January goal that you didn’t know I had! Note that I didn’t say New Year’s Resolution. Nope. I am not that disciplined.
However, I am a fan of significant start dates – for better or worse. It feels nicer to start something on the first of the month rather than a random day, like the 17th. Beginning on a Sunday or Monday makes more sense than a Tuesday or Thursday, right? So starting on the first day of the first month of a new year? Fabulous!
Since we’re already nearing the end of February, I bet you can guess that my January goal was not blogging. No, I went for the classic category of improving my fitness – specifically by working out 3 times a week. And you know what? I actually did it! I’ll be honest, the last week was probably more like 2 1/2. My body told me I needed to sleep more that week, so there.
I have a lot of things I want to write about this year, once the ideas have settled down inside my brain. Until then, I thought it’d be fun to review some of my thoughts and lessons from 2018:
- When I make God and my faith my top priorities, all other aspects of my life will fall into place. Easier said than done.
- Pathfinder and Knitting absolutely helped me survive the year. I’m still doing both regularly and they continue to bring me joy! I like both so much, often times I am knitting while playing Pathfinder. I know, epitomy of coolness.
- Near the end of last year I really started focusing on exercising more, and learned a lot of things about myself in the process. This is a subject I want to dedicate an entire post to, so I’m not going to say any more else right now.
- I successfully experimented in the kitchen more and learned some important lessons:
- I don’t like smoothies.
- The recipe means it when it says to not overwork the muffin batter.
- I make delicious soup.
That’s all for now! Hope this gave y’all a li’l happy!